M is for, #AtoZchallenge

M is for Music!


Music is an international language. Even when you can't understand the words, the sounds evoke a reaction in us.

Each year my classes horizons are opened by music and some discover new favorites. When students are doing independent groupwork I play Italian or French radio.

In particular, sharing my childhood favorites fosters a connection with my students like no other.(This year one of my students knew all the lyrics to this one!)


I like to just enjoy music with my students....sometimes songs lend themselves to something more and we can ClipChat the video or use premade resources:
Italian:
Lots on the ADG Blog
Books:
Nuovo Espresso Canzoni
E Ritorno da Te
Canta che ti passa! 
Jovanotti 1998-2012

French:
Point du Fle
ISL
TV5Monde
Also, my colleague Kristen has created a whole unit on the music of Maitre Gims which you can learn more about if you atttend AATF Philadelphia this year!
le mardi 16 juillet
Heure: 15h45-16h45
Salle:
S345: Maîtrisez le français avec la musique de Maître Gims
Intervenante:  Kristen PhillipsCherry Hill High School East (NJ)
Mettez de l’ambiance dans votre salle de classe avec du matériel pédagogique FLE sur la musique de Maître Gims. Travaillez la compréhension orale et écrite, révisez et pratiquez la grammaire et faites parler et écrire vos élèves - le tout au rythme entraînant de la musique tendance de Maître Gims!
Public: collège secondaire universitaire


How do you use music in your classroom?


 A presto,

 p.s. Join my our #virtualPLN on Facebook! #AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge#AtoZchallenge

Popular Posts