L is for #AtoZchallenge

L is for Language Acquisition!


When you learned your mothertongue, your parent(or caregiver) did not read you a list of rules of language and then expected you to produce. He or she made language comprehensible, used lots of repetition and praised your effort and progress---great or small.

This is what I learned in my language education courses at the Rutgers Graduate School of Education. However, once I was in the classroom with my cooperating teacher(don't get me wrong, I love Carolina---she was a great mentor---she just didn't know any better) and other teachers, no one was doing this. I still am hardpressed to find colleagues locally who teach in this way. Thanks to social media, I can collaborate, disccuss and learn from other colleagues who are teaching in alignment with current language acquisition theory.


One of my textbooks was written by Stephen Krashen. Dr. Krashen has been talking about it for a long time:


Bill Van Patten is another expert in the field.


Here's a quick summary from Bilingual Kidspot



 A presto,
 
 p.s. Join my our #virtualPLN on Facebook! #AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge#AtoZchallenge

Popular Posts