E, day 5 of the #AtoZChallenge

E is for Expectations!



Every school year is an exciting opportunity. I revamp my Course Information handout and rules for the upcoming school year.

Here is my most recent course expectations handout. I used a MS Word newsletter template. I print on pink legal size paper in 'booklet' format. I attempt to cover all the bases in it.


In my giddy happiness, I forgot that freshmen are not as excited about the school year as us teachers are  even with my beautiful posters reminding them what they should do!







So, I  had to make some adjustments. So my students are now completing 'dailies' aka notecatchers. 

As I explained in this post a few days ago, they complete the do now, then as we talk about our story they fill in vocabulary and sketch if they choose to do so. Students check off 'Voglio correzioni' if they want corrective feedback.



On the back they write our story from write and discuss and the exit ticket if we do one that day. Each daily is worth 10 points. This has greatly improved attention and behavior in my students.





If you would like a copy of my frankendoc, click here. It is heavily inspired by the work of Jon Cowart and others in the CI/TPRS world.

What you your class expectations look include?


 A presto,

 p.s. Join my our #virtualPLN on Facebook! #AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge#AtoZchallenge

Popular Posts